The final exams will be held at:
Location: FKBM 1.1
Date: 21 May 2011 (Saturday)
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Good luck on your final exams!
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Your presentation will be evaluated based on the above criteria (click image to enlarge)
CONTENT: Introduction, Prominent Company, and Future.
TECHNIQUE: Delivery and Visuals.
See the post below (Peer-Reviewed Presentations) for "Content" explanation.
"Technique" is simply the way you present. Delivery refers to how you speak, how clear you voice, and how interesting you deliver your topic to the audience. Visual is the slides and mulitmedia content (if available) that is used during the presentation.
When Evaluating your Peers:
Evaluation is based on a scale of 4: poor, average, good, and excellent. Please try to evaluate honestly and fair. This is a learning process for everybody and real evaluations will help your fellow classmates to identify they strengths and weaknesses.
The final scores should be added together and multiplied by 5 for a total possible score of 100.
Introduction - Good (3)
Prominent Company - Average (2)
Future - Average (2)
Delivery - Good (3)
Visuals - Excellent (4)
Total score = 3 + 2 + 2+ 3 + 4 = 14
Final Score = 14 x 5 = 70
- You cannot evaluate your own presentation
- Do not write your name on the evaluation sheet. All evaluations will be kept confidential.
Sunday, April 10, 2011
|30-Apr||Books||Mohd Azrul Effendy B. Mohd Razali|
|30-Apr||Magazines||Nur Amirah Bt. Sarudian|
|30-Apr||Radio||Nurul 'aaina Binti Salleh|
|7-May||Video||Shariffah Hanim Bt Syed Ismail|
|7-May||Television||Mohamad Hapisol Othman|
|7-May||Advertising||Nur Haffiza Binti Rahaman|
|14-May||Computers||Shuhaida Bt. Mohd Said|
|14-May||Mobile Phones||Nuraidahidayu Binti Abdul Thalib|
|14-May||The Internet||Zuraida Hani Binti Zulkepli|
|14-May||Google Services||Said M. S. Elgaibani|
|14-May||Social Networking||Norjannah Binti Nasaruddin|
The objective of the presentation is to identify Communication Technologies and understand its history, development, application, and its context against today's media environment.
The presentation itself consist of three major sections:
- Introduction - General information, History, Development, Use in Communications
- Prominent Company (brand/player/organization) - Choose a major corporate name that is known for the communication technology you have been assigned to. For example: Canon (Photography), Apple (Mobile Phones), Twitter (Social Networking). Discuss about its development, competitors, business, target market, problems, etc. **** A SWOT (Strength / Weaknesses / Opportunity / Threats) analysis would be a good approach.
- Future - Talk about how you think the communication technology will develop in the future. Base your predictions on current trends and demands.
Remember, Presentations should be between 20-30 minutes long (including any discussions, role-play, Q&A, audience participation). Create interesting two-way activities to highlight important points, these tend to score higher than regular one-way presentations. Your mark will be determined by the audience and worth 30% of the final mark.